Tara’s main entry points are the Early Learning Centre, Kindergarten and Years 5, 7 and 9, however, there are vacancies in other years which we can enrol for as well. Please contact the Enrolments Office to discuss vacancies that may be available for your daughter.
Students entering the School in Early Learning Centre must be four (4) years of age by 31 May in the year of commencement. Students entering the School in Kindergarten must be five (5) years of age by 31 May in the year of commencement.
While Tara is an Anglican school, we enrol students of all faiths to enrich the School and our community. For more information, please read the Tara Enrolment Policy (PDF 953.3KB).
The Application Process
- Return a completed enrolment application form, together with the $220 non refundable application fee and a copy of your daughter’s birth certificate (translated and certified if applicable), current school reports (if applicable) and a valid immunisation register from Medicare
- If your daughter was born outside of Australia but is now a citizen, a copy of the Citizenship Certificate is also required at this time. For temporary or permanent residents of Australia, please also attach a photocopy of your daughter’s passport and visa.
- Students will be placed on the wait list for the requested year of entry. Please note that the application does not guarantee your daughter a place as this is an expression of interest for a place at the School.
- With no entrance examination, Tara caters to girls of all abilities across a wide range of subjects, activities and interests.
- 18-24 months prior to a student commencing at the School, students on the wait list will be invited to interview. It is not a test, but an important meeting for the School and parents so that together we can clarify the needs and expectations for your daughter’s education. If a vacancy exists we can interview closer to the desired year of entry. Please contact the Enrolments Office to discuss vacancies that may be available for your daughter.
- First round offers will be made to students from the interview. Offers will continue to be made until all vacancies are filled. Offers of places must be accepted or declined within two weeks. Alternatively, the Registrar will contact you for further consultation.
- When accepting an offer of a position, parents are asked to complete and return the acceptance paperwork and any additional supporting documentation and make the payments detailed.
Following this process your family will be enrolled in our exciting transition and orientation programs for both students and parents which aim to prepare students for life at Tara and to start communication with parents.
If you require any additional information, please contact our Registrar, Ms Cilla Walker via email or call us on 02 8838 2610. We invite you to experience Tara in person. Book a tour online today. We look forward to welcoming you and your family at Tara in the future.