The members of the Council are
- Archbishop of Sydney (President of the Council)
- Nine members elected by the Synod, of which at least 2 must be clergy
- Two persons appointed by the Archbishop
- Two persons appointed by the Council
For practical purposes of governance, the Council appoints a Chair and Deputy Chair from amongst its members.
All members of the Council are voluntary, part-time and receive no remuneration for their work on Council.
All members of the Council are required to be actively involved in a church community, hold a Working With Children number and acknowledge the Statement of Faith.
Current members of Council and their respective date of appointment:
- Most Rev Dr Glenn Davies, Archbishop of Sydney (President) BSc, MDiv (Hons), DipA, PhD
- Mr David Braga (Chair of Council) BA, GAICD - March 2011, Chair since July 2012
- Ms Simone Gilbert (Deputy Chair of Council) BComm, LLB, Grad Dip Leg Prac - May 2016, Deputy Chair since January 2018
- Mr Glenn Wilkins BComm, Grad Dip Ed, PTC, MACE, MACEL - October 2009
- Mrs Nola Haig - December 2014
- Ms Alison Hammond LLB (Hons), GDLP, ThC, BCL (Dist) - November 2016
- Reverend David Keun BA PDHPE (Hons), BA Div, Dip Min - May 2016
- Mr Toby Moussa CA, CPA, RTA, BBus(ACC) - July 2018
- Mr Glynn N Evans B Arch. Dip Build Const. - March 2019
- Reverend Andrew Levy BSc (Psychology) Hons, BD - 29 July 2019
- Mrs Alison Esdaile BA, Dip Ed, MAppLing(TESOL) - November 2019